Monday, September 14, 2009

Medical--> Dos Blessings

I still haven't had any doctors visits lately but I have had bloodwork done. Despite the fact that I had to get stuck 4 times, :) I did get good news from the last work up! My hemoglobin (iron count in the blood) is 13.2!! That is right where is needs to be and where it needs to stay. I've been losing a lot of blood, and thus iron, from my colon and that has been causing my hemoglobin to keep dropping. The pattern has been low hemoglobin, anemia, get iron treatments, iron gets back up, iron goes back down, anemia, more treatments...over and over. Knowing this has been my pattern and that I've been losing blood from my colon, we've been waiting for the time when my hemoglobin stays up because that will mean I'm not losing blood. So...I had my last treatment about a month ago and my iron is still up!! Praise God! It's looking like as long as I can continue to rest and eat right then my colon might be starting to heal itself! We'll find out for sure at Mayo but it's lookin up!
God has given me another blessing recently too. A few weeks ago a good friend of ours asked if she could write a letter to a man named Solomon Wickey about my condition. For those of you who don't know, Solomon Wickey is an Amish herbalist and people come from around the world to see him. He is about 70 years old, lives in northern Indiana, and has had numerous accounts of people being healed from various cancers, spinal issues, IBD, IBS, and just about any other disease you can think of after they saw him. So we said it would be ok if our friend sent him a letter and God took it from there. Mr. Wickey only sees people on Tuesdays and Thursdays and it is usually a 4 to 6 month wait to get in. Our friend wrote him 3 weeks ago and about a week later she recieved a hand-written note back that said he would see me September 22nd! How perfect is that! We are trying all sorts of things and if God wants to use this avenue as the means of healing for me then we're gonna go for it. And it works out great because I will see him the week before Mayo. I am so excited to see what this brings! And who knows, maybe I will even be healed before I get to Mayo and they'll just tell me to go home :) Man oh man, God is good.

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing, Kailen! I can't wait to see you Friday! :D

    -Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everythingggg!! Tell me how this goes.

    Of course God is good. Look at the the wonderful person he put here for all to know and love!!

    (and no, I'm not talking about myself)

    ReplyDelete