Monday, September 21, 2009

Medical-->Big Day Tomorrow!!

Tomorrow is big day numero uno! Mom, Dad, and I leave in the afternoon for the drive up to Auburn, Indiana to see Solomon Wickey. I am so excited to see what he has to say! I don't know exactly what to be expecting but I am praying God uses this man to help show us more of what we can do on the natural side of treating health issues. It has been so much fun so far learning about the body and how you can use the earth to get better and this will hopefully just help us that much more!
We really have been learning a lot about the body through this whole ordeal but Mom and I were talking the other day about how hard it is to balance out the 3 approaches to treating any health issues you may have. The first that you go to is of course God and asking that He might heal you and make your body whole, but along with that there is also medicine as well as natural substances from the earth. I believe God made all 3 available to us and He wants us to use them all. I think if you go all one route then you are cutting yourself off from other sources God has provided but it is so hard to balance them out! How much do you just say, "God, I am in your hands." Or how much do you rely on medicines? And how much should you focus on what you eat and what you can get from nature? It had seemed to almost be a day by day process for us but we are learning to just listen to God day by day and follow His promptings. It's a crazy journey but I believe He is in control so I'm along for the ride! Keep us in your prayers tomorrow though. We are praying for more direction from God!
(Also pray for mine and my roommates fish, dear Elppod. He is currently swimming in circles around the top of the bowl half in and half out of the water. He has been doing this for 2 days now and I'm starting to get worried. You might think this is cruel to let him slowly die like this but seeing as 2 weeks ago he laid on the bottom of the bowl motionless for 3 days and then bounced right back to his normal self, I am slightly reluctant to end his life for fear he might just be pretending. He is a very unique fish and trickery is not beneath him. This episode is a little more convincing than the last but I still have hope that he will pull through!)

4 comments:

  1. Let me know how everything goes today. I'm praying for you! Also, keep me updated on Elppod, he is such a strange fish.

    -Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you; the fact that something is finally happening is so great. I am praying super much for you!!

    Oh, and Elppod too. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear how it went. I love you Homie. I miss you tons, I wanted to call earlier today, but I can't find my phone anywhere. :( Hopefully I will find it soon and we can chat! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kailen, I happened to read your mom's status on my FB news feed yesterday, and learned about all the drama and trauma in your life. Then I read your blog. I have to say that even though you are quite young, you are not a little girl. You are a STRONG STRONG woman with a faith that puts most of us to shame. Your physical beauty is incredible, but it doesn't hold a candle to your inner beauty. I have been praying so hard for you, Kailen, and I will keep on praying and praying. I'm so glad that you have your amazing family. What a blessing! And the faith that you have in the POWER of God is going to get you through this with flying colors. I pray that you will find answers soon and that, at this very moment, God is pouring His strength and might into you, healing you as I type these words. I love you, Sweetie, and care about you so much. Love to your family. Mrs. Hampton

    ReplyDelete