Friday, September 11, 2009

Inside Out -->

Well, as far as I go this week has been completely boring, BUT it has been a crazy week for the family as a whole. Jarrod had his surgery on Tuesday to repair his medial meniscus and to check out the severed MCL as well. The surgery went great, praise God! He had 3 stitches put in the meniscus and they left the MCL alone since it was already healing well by itself. He will be on complete bed rest until Friday and then may be able to go to school next week. He is still in pain and on pain meds but he's such a good sport. For as much energy as that boy has, he is doing awesome! I'm very proud of him. (It's been very odd through this whole process to be on the other side of the bed though! I'm so used to being the one everyone has to look after and cater to so although I wish Jarrod never had to go through this, it is nicer being on this side.)
Thank you everyone for your prayers! Keep em comin'! It really does seem like it's been just one thing after another with our family but as always this is nothing God can't handle. He has a plan and a purpose and when I remember that it makes things easier to keep in perspective!

1 comment:

  1. "It really does seem like it's just been one thing after another with our family..."

    Oh, Kailen, that's life. But you all have the strength to make it through. That's just what makes you blasted beautiful.

    Love you, Kid. I think I'm going to call you this week. I miss your voice.

    ReplyDelete