Thursday, August 20, 2009

Medical- Pulmonologist Visit/ Bloodwork results

Today I went to see my pulmonologist (lung doctor). They did a few chest x-rays to see if it would even be an option for me to try they drug remicade(a drug used to put UC into remission), and good news is my lungs are in the clear!! If anything, at least I have good lungs right :) He said I could try remicade but the decision was really up to us. If I did start it, he would be monitoring my lung activity very closely to make sure there is no infection and to catch anything at the earliest possible stage. Still, it would be a pretty high risk considering my lung history with pneumonia. Now we are at a point where we will decide after I visit the Mayo Clinic in September. My doctors down there will be the deciding factor for the best course of action.
I did also get some bloodwork results back today.
-My INR (thick or thinness of blood) is back down to 4.6, praise God! Last weeks 10.2 was a bit of a scare!
-My hemoglobin (iron count in the blood) is down slightly from last time, which is probably due to the colonoscopy, but it is still better than it used to be.
-And my ferritin (iron stores) is all the way up to 400 from 6!!! That is a huge praise which means the infusions worked.
So my blood tests are all at good levels but now we need it to stay that way. When it starts to stay at good levels that means my colon is healing so be praying for consistent and steady bloodwork!
(Just another cool God moment- my pulmonologist 'just so happens' to have a sister-in-law who had ulcerative colitis and who went through all I'm going through right now :) So, he knows all that we are dealing with and has a personal tie to my story. How good is God?? LOVE it.)

4 comments:

  1. Praise God for all the good reports! I'm so happy for you and your family let's stand in faith and trust to our great God, he has everything under control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Kailen! God is taking care of you girl!!

    I love you! Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kailen, Eddy and I love your Blog! It looks great. We also love the news you recieved today! God is GOOD. God is FAITHFUL. God is your HEALER. God is your PROVIDER. God is your DELIVERER. God is your STRONG TOWER. God is your SHELTER. God is your HELP. Does that sound like the HEART of a FATHER...you bet! Yep, that's YOUR FATHER.
    Love you, Eddy & Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, Good News!! What a relief!!

    I hope and pray things will only continue to get better, and you just keep on smiling.

    xoxo Laryssa

    ReplyDelete